POST-OP NURSING CARE UNIT
- Inpatients stay in the hospital after surgery so the doctor and nurses can monitor their recovery. Other hospital staff members are also very involved in assuring optimal care for patients. This staff includes occupational and physical therapists, social workers, dietitians, clergy, and discharge planners.
- Walking helps your body get back to normal. You will be encouraged to walk and to avoid sitting for long periods of time.
- Your doctor visits you in the hospital to check on your progress, and may order follow-up tests. He will let you know when you can go home.
- Discharge instructions will be reviewed with you prior to leaving the hospital.
- A hospital volunteer or staff person will take you out of the hospital in a wheelchair to assure your comfort and safety on the way to your car.